For media inquiries and interview arrangements, or to join our media list, please contact us at email@example.com or reach our to:
Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
519-888-6100 ext. 227 | firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way Waterloo Region Communities is dedicated to helping people live better lives in every one of the seven communities we serve. We are fundraisers who support a network of agencies whose programs and services are locally focused, informed, connected, and deeply invested in helping people reach their full potential.
Joan Fisk is Chief Executive Officer for United Way Waterloo Region Communities, part of the world’s largest privately funded non-profit organization. Joan brings 30 years of senior level executive experience to the role. Since joining the organization in 2017, Joan steered the integration of United Way Kitchener Waterloo & Area and United Way Cambridge & North Dumfries. Under Joan’s leadership, United Way Waterloo Region Communities has continued to be the second largest funding organization outside of government while also shifting the focus of its mission to driving community change and collaboration.
Contact: 519-888-6100 | email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Download CEO (Joan Fisk) bio & photo
We’re excited to partner with anyone in our community. If you would like to use our logos, materials or templates please contact us. We will be happy to work with you.
Download our logo package & brand identity guidelines.
Follow us and tag us on any of our platforms @UnitedWayWRC.
We love it when community members like you share your stories, successes, photos, and videos to help keep our community up-to-date. We want to hear from you!
Follow us on social media to stay connected and to learn more:
2021 Press Releases
- July 22, 2021: United Way Waterloo Region Communities distributes $690,895.00 through General Community Fund
- June 29, 2021: United Way Waterloo Region Communities raises over $87,000 through Children and Youth Summer Survival Fund
- June 7, 2021: United Way Waterloo Region Communities launches Children and Youth Summer Survival Campaign
- February 9, 2021: United Way Waterloo Region Communities provides over $4.6M in support in 2021
- January 21, 2021: United Way Waterloo Region Communities distributes $560,490 to local organizations through 2nd Round of Emergency Community Support Fund
2020 Press Releases
- October 23, 2020: United Way Waterloo Region Communities distributes $646,000 through General Community Fund and COVID-19 Response Fund
- August 14, 2020: United Way Waterloo Region Communities distributes $1,240,000 to local organizations through Emergency Community Support Fund
- May 19, 2020: Emergency Community Support Fund distributes $1,240,000 through United Way Waterloo Region Communities
- April 23, 2020: Over $800,000 in support announced for Region's charitable sector
- April 1, 2020: Funders united to support Region's charitable sector
- United Way distributes $690,895.00 through Community Fund July 21, 2021
- Now hiring a Sponsorship & Events Lead June 24, 2021
- Join United Way’s Campaign Cabinet and Make a Difference in Your Community! April 14, 2021
- Finding Joy Even During Challenging Times April 7, 2021
- COVID Cuisine Cookbook – Coming Together for Community April 7, 2021
Join our Mailing list
Stay up to date on United Way WRC news, read local stories, and learn how your dollars are making a difference right here in our community.