United Way Waterloo Region Communities (UWWRC) is pleased to announce the distribution of $724,895 to 48 local agencies and programs through the General Community Fund for this quarter. The monies will fund services and programs that support basic needs, provide mental health supports, and reduce isolation. The total funds requested during this application period was over $1.5M.
This funding follows UWWRC’s recent online auction 80 for 80th, that commemorated UWWRC’s 80th year in Waterloo Region. The auction raised over $14,000 thanks to the generosity of the many sponsors and donors who contributed a host of wonderful items.
UWWRC’s General Community Fund is now distributed every 3 months in order to be more responsive to community needs and provide rapid local solutions. There is an open call for applications quarterly to fund the most relevant programs and organizations, with a more agile and focused application process, including a stronger emphasis on equity and inclusion. All funds are raised locally and are distributed to local organizations.
“We are so grateful for our community and the response we are getting via our fall campaign and things like our recent auction”, said Joan Fisk, UWWRC CEO. “As you can see, there is a discrepancy in funds available and the overall requests we receive on a quarterly basis. The real challenge is the need has increased and generally, donations to non-profits across North America have decreased. We’re doing everything we can to ensure our local agencies have the support they need going forward but this may be one of the most challenging times in our 80-year history. Just a little from a lot of people can help make a big difference in our community”.
Funding Recipients (October – December 2021)
- A Better Tent City Waterloo Region (Sponsor: Social Development Centre)
- Argus Residence for Young People
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Waterloo Region
- Bridges to Belonging
- Bring on the Sunshine (sponsor: Kitchener Waterloo Multicultural Centre)
- Cambridge Self Help Food Bank
- Cambridge Shelter Corporation
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Carizon Family and Community Services
- Child Witness Centre of Waterloo Region
- Children & Youth Planning Table (CYPT) (via Region of Waterloo)
- Coalition of Muslim Women of KW
- Community Care Concepts of Woolwich, Wellesley and Wilmot Townships
- Community Justice Initiatives of Waterloo Region
- Community Kitchen Cooperative KW Inc. (Sponsor: The Church of St John The Evangelist)
- Community Support Connections – Meals on Wheels and More
- Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge and North Dumfries
- Focus for Ethnic Women Waterloo Region Inc.
- Frontier College
- Greenway-Chaplin Community Centre
- House of Friendship
- Immigration Partnership (via Region of Waterloo)
- Interfaith Community Counselling Centre (ICCC)
- Kinbridge Community Association
- Kitchener-Waterloo Counselling Services Inc
- Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre
- Langs Farm Village Association
- March of Dimes Canada
- oneROOF Youth Services
- Peace for All Canada (sponsor: Social Development Centre)
- Sanguen Health Centre
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
- Sexual Health Options, Resources & Education Centre (SHORE Centre)
- Social Development Centre Waterloo Region
- Social Venture Partners
- SPECTRUM Waterloo Region’s Rainbow Community Space
- Strong Start Charitable Organization
- The Healing of The Seven Generations (sponsor: Family and Children Services Waterloo Region)
- The Literacy Group of Waterloo Region
- Volunteer Action Centre of Waterloo Region
- Wilmot Family Resource Centre Inc.
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Community Services
- YMCA of Three Rivers (Midwestern Ontario)
- YW Kitchener-Waterloo (aka YWCA KW)
- YWCA Cambridge
Check out all of the the agencies we’ve been able to fund this year thanks to your support!