In Memory of
As part of her legacy of love, Daisy has asked that gifts in her memory be made to the United Way WRC Children and Youth Cause Area.
By uplifting our young people we plant seeds in our community for caring, innovative and compassionate future leaders. As a mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, sister, aunt, and community advocate Daisy cared deeply and gave generously throughout her life.
The family will be notified of your gift, unless you indicate anonymous in the recognition name field.
Children & Youth
Today’s children & youth are tomorrow’s leaders and workforce. By meeting the basic needs of our youth now, they become caring, innovative and compassionate adults. Your gift in memory will support youth in our community in the following ways:
- Age specific counselling and mentorship programs (Adventure4Change; Big Brothers Big Sisters of Waterloo Region; COPE Kids; Child Witness Centre)
- Youth Services programming (Offered by Langs; Canadian Aweil Youth Association, Argus Youth Residence)
- Homework help and tutoring (United for Literacy, Strong Start to Reading)
- Bullying prevention programs (John Howard Society of Waterloo Wellington)
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities (Bring On The Sunshine)
- School-based and weekend nutrition programs for children & youth (Nutrition for Learning, Food4Kids)
- The Region’s primary youth shelter (oneROOF)