A CELEBRATION OF COMMUNITY SPIRIT
Please join us on April 20th, 2023 at the United Way WRC Annual Spirit Awards in celebration of you, and your community support! We gather to celebrate and express our gratitude for the dedication and effort of caring individuals, engaged companies, and committed nonprofit agencies.
Spirit Awards Nominee categories
SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY AWARD
The Spirit of the Community Award honours an individual, group, organization, or agency that personifies exceptional community spirit, team spirit and spirit of generosity through their significant overall partnership with United Way.
- Amy Slack, Cambridge Food Bank
- University of Waterloo
- Volunteer Waterloo Region
- Waterloo Region Community Foundation
- Wayne Paddick, Cambridge Shelter Corporation – The Bridges
LABOUR COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP AWARD
The Labour Community Partnership Award honours a labour partner whose members have shown dedication to the community through exceptional financial and volunteer support, exemplifying the sustained and rewarding relationship between the labour movement and United Way.
- Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario, Waterloo Region
- United Steelworkers South Central Ontario Area Council
- Waterloo Regional Labour Council
Outstanding Volunteer Award
The Outstanding Volunteer Award honours an individual our group for outstanding volunteer service, celebrating selfless spirt and a commitment to community.
- EY Volunteer Committee
- Jason King, Reliance Home Comfort
- KPMG Volunteer Committee
- Lynn Hall, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
- Michael Pisarchuk, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Sandi Young, 2022-23 UWWRC Campaign Cabinet Chair – VP Human Resources, Clarion Medical Technologies
- Tanya Lutkin, P&H Milling Group
- Tom Mitchell, UWWRC Community Investment Team
- Tonya Bickford, BMO Private Wealth
OUTSTANDING AGENCY AWARD
The Outstanding Agency Award is presented to a funded agency, which, through their collaborative effort with United Way, shows outstanding leadership and dedication while continuing to drive change and impact in the community.
- Community Care Concepts
- Kind Minds Family Wellness
- Sanguen Health Centre
- The Literacy Group
- YMCA of Three Rivers
OUTSTANDING WORKPLACE CAMPAIGN AWARD (Small-mid)
The Outstanding Workplace Campaign Award (small – mid size organization) acknowledges organizations of fewer than two hundred employees, the Employee Campaign Manager and workplace that have shown outstanding efforts in informing and engaging employees while increasing donations in a smaller workplace.
- GrandBridge Energy & Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 636
- P&H Milling & Members of United Food & Commercial Workers Union Local 175/633
- Toyota Tsusho Canada Inc., Maple Automotive Corporation, & Green Metals Canada Inc.
- Wawanesa Mutual Insurance
OUTSTANDING WORKPLACE CAMPAIGN AWARD (Large)
The Outstanding Workplace Campaign Award (large organization) recognizes an organization that has shown outstanding efforts in informing and engaging employees ultimately leading to increased donations, participation, and overall support of United Way.
- Enbridge Gas Waterloo & Members of Unifor Local 8833
- Equitable Life of Canada
- Google Canada
- Sun Life
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
Ken SEILING cOMMUNITY lEADER aWARD
The Community Leader Award recognizes an exemplary public leader who, through extraordinary contributions and outstanding commitment, has driven the spirit of community through personal involvement in community and with United Way WRC, and initiatives.
This celebration of Community Spirit and the impact of compassion and generosity will not be complete without you. Please join us at Tapestry Hall in Cambridge for a reception, dinner, awards and an opportunity to connect with other community-minded people.
Date: April 20th, 2023
Time: 5:00pm Cocktail Hour, 6:00pm Dinner & Awards
Location: Tapestry Hall
74 Grand Ave S, Cambridge, ON N1S 2L9
Early Pricing: Individual Ticket – $85 | Early Table of 8 – $680 until Friday March 17th
Regular Pricing: Individual Ticket – $100 | Table of 8 – $800 until Friday, April 14th
Parking: Use lots G1, G2, G3 as shown below in the “Gaslight District”, or the many public lots available in Galt’s downtown core (see parking map below).