Everyone needs help sometimes. If you’re looking for help but are not sure where to turn, we’ve created this page to get you started. Whether you’re struggling financially, are looking for mental health support, or are looking for resources for your family, we want to help you find the support you need.
211 - Help Starts Here
211 is a helpline for community and social service information that will help you find support near you. Simply dial 2-1-1 or visit 211ontario.ca It's Free | 24/7 | 150+ languages | Live answer | Confidential.
Financial Relief Navigator
This online database will help you navigate COVID-19 benefits and relief measures.
- Support Through the Pandemic
For help navigating government support and relief programs related to the Pandemic, use the Financial Relief Navigator.
- Ontario Emergency Assistance
If someone is in a crisis or emergency situation, needs help paying for food and housing, and are not already on Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), they can apply for COVID-19 emergency assistance.
- Rent / Employment
- Lutherwood (Rent Bank) call 519-623-9380 - can be used for many other services and getting started on employment assistance.
- YWCA Services call (519) 744-6507 - they are connected to multiple levels of support from housing and shelter to bill payments and employment.
- Paying Utilities
For support paying Utility bills, you can contact:
- The Waterloo Region Energy Assistance Program (WREAP) - call 519-883-2100 between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Low- Income Energy Assistance Application call 1-855-487-5327
- Free Tax Clinics
A number of organizations provide support for individuals during tax season. These include The Working Centre and The Social Development Centre. You can also find a tax clinic near you using the Government of Canada's directory.
For medical emergencies, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Here 24/7 call 1-844-437-3247 or 519-821-3547
Here 24/7 is your front door to the addictions, mental health, and crisis services provided by 11 agencies across Waterloo Wellington.
- Telehealth call 1-866-797-0000
Telehealth Ontario is a free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information. A Registered Nurse will take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Assistance is available in more than 300 languages. When you call Telehealth, tell them what language you speak and you will be connected to an interpreter.
If you are in immediate danger or for an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
- Women's Crisis Services
Supporting women and children who are experiencing domestic violence. You can contact them via their online chat or call the numbers below.
- For support in Kitchener - Waterloo call 519-742-5894
- For support in Cambridge call 519-653-2422
- Family Compass is here to help guide you to services for Children and Youth in Waterloo Region. It also links to a variety of resources for parents.
- Find Affordable Housing with the Region of Waterloo Community Access Housing Centre.
- Lutherwood Housing Services call 519-749-2450
- The Working Centre Housing Desk call 519-743-1151 ext. 173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or questions, please reach out to us!
United Way WRC
519-888-6100 | email@example.com
At United Way we fund a network of Agencies helping people meet their basic needs, access mental health supports, and reduce social isolation.