Issues like hunger, homelessness and social isolation are hurting our communities. You can be the one to change that.
Currently in Waterloo Region….
- 1 in 5 youth won’t graduate from high school.
- 1 in 4 food bank users are children under in the age of 11.
- 1 in 3 residents don’t feel like they belong.
Because of your donation in 2018-2019 United Way Waterloo Region Communities
- Helped 246 individuals who stayed in emergency shelters move onto more stable housing.
- Assisted 81,180 individuals who were able to put food on the table through access to food hampers and education around healthy eating and cooking on a budget.
- Provided hope to 1,719 individuals who improved their reading, writing, and financial literacy skills, putting them on the path to better opportunities and a chance to truly realize their potential.
Last year’s donations helped change the lives of 149,380 individuals.
Are you the one to provide hope?