United Way Waterloo Region Communities is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals, corporations and clients by complying with all applicable privacy legislation as it affects its employees, volunteers, donors and agencies.
We understand that corporate and individual donors care about confidentiality of personal information and that the protection of personal information is a good business practice. To this end, we strive to protect the confidentiality of all personal information we collect and use.
- The purpose for collecting personal and/or corporate information will be identified at or before the information is collected.
- When personal or corporate information is to be used for a purpose other than the original intent, consent of the individual or representative of the corporation will be obtained.
- Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than for which it was collected.
- Personal information shall be accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Upon written request, an individual or corporation shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information and given access to that information.
- Personal and corporate information will not be published without consent.
- The collection of personal and/or corporate information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes of United Way WRC.
- Access to sensitive personal and corporate information will be limited to senior staff members.
- Personal and/or corporate information will be removed from any mailing lists at the request of the individual or representative of the corporation.
- Complaints regarding safeguarding, accuracy, consent, disclosure, retention, destruction, use or access to personal and/or corporate information will be directed to the Privacy Officer.
- All complaints will be investigated and responses provided in a timely manner. United Way WRC will take appropriate measures to correct information and/or information-handling procedures, practices and procedures.
- All staff, Board of Directors and Committee Volunteers must read and sign an agreement of confidentiality.
- Each year, United Way Waterloo Region Communities shall conduct a privacy audit to ensure that the above practices are being implemented.
For more information about United Way Waterloo Region Communities privacy policies and practices, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Joan Fisk, CEO (email@example.com)
For more information about the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Privacy Act, please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.