Over the last two years United Way Waterloo Region Communities has kicked-off our yearly campaign with The March of 1,000 Umbrellas. In order to continue the community spirit that was so evident at the previous events, we are inviting you to join us on September 17th as we launch this year’s campaign with a virtual event!
Our United Way team will be coming together but staying apart for a socially-distanced launch event that you’ll be able to follow on our social media! While we can’t be together with you in person, we are asking for your support to help make some virtual noise & let our community know that the United Way campaign has begun! We know that each workplace and each person is in a unique situation right now, so please see below for a variety of events that you can choose from based on the best fit for your team.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose an event to support our campaign (you can choose from below or make up your own)!
- Connect with us on social media to stay up to date with United Way events, activities & info!
- Host your event on September 17 (or another day that works best for your crew)
- Share a photo of your event on social media using the #IAmTheOne #UWWRCCampaignLaunch & tag us @UnitedWayWRC
- Bonus: Share why you think it’s important to give to United Way!
Click here to download our Social Media Ambassador Guide for sample social media posts and more tips on how you can support this year’s campaign!
Check out our Campaign Toolkit for more tools and resources to help you run your United Way Campaign! If you have any questions or need support in hosting your campaign launch event, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team: email@example.com, or give is a call at 519-888-6100!
This year may be different but we want to be sure we can still support those in need in Waterloo Region, celebrate the wins and still manage to have a little fun. Despite the uncertainty, we do know we are stronger together.