Applications are open to any registered charity based in Waterloo Region for initiatives in Waterloo Region.
Other social service providers may be considered, provided they meet remaining eligibility requirements. These service providers would require a sponsoring organization with a registered charitable number that would receive and manage funds on behalf of the applicant.
Ineligible applicants include: not-for-profit organizations without a sponsoring agency, schools/colleges/universities, for-profit businesses, hospitals, and religious organizations engaged in proselytizing activities.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your organization’s eligibility for this fund.
Emphasis will be on essential needs that support vulnerable* individuals as it pertains to the COVID-19 pandemic, including shelter, food, and other essential supports.
Core activities – may also include (but are not limited to):
- staffing (direct or supervisory),
- volunteer management,
- capacity building support (e.g. collaboration with partners / sourcing supplies)
- overhead (rent, admin, enhanced IT)
The following groups of people are considered vulnerable and will be prioritized as part of the COVID-19 Community Response Fund application review process:
As per Region of Waterloo Public Health Guidelines:
- Seniors 70+
- Immunocompromised individuals
Additionally, the following groups of people have been identified to date by service providers as particularly vulnerable at this time:
- Homeless/at-risk of homelessness
- Those coping with addictions
- Domestic violence victims
- Individuals with disabilities
- People with mental health issues (particularly depression & anxiety that may be exacerbated by social isolation)