Please note the application period for the COVID-19 Community Response Fund to Support Seniors is now closed.
These funds are intended to:
- Focus on vulnerable seniors (55+) impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic including but not limited to: low income individuals; seniors who are members of a minority group; those living in a rural setting; and/or caregivers.
- Respond to immediate, urgent local needs by supporting:
- basic needs such as food, cleaning, and hygiene products including delivery,
- reduced social isolation such as virtual programming, telephone check-ins, mental health supports, and/or
- support for community service organizations to maintain or enhance services such as volunteer and staff retention.
Any community service organization capable of meeting the immediate and urgent needs of seniors and who meets all other eligibility requirements is eligible for this fund.
Applications are open to any registered charity based in Waterloo Region for initiatives in Waterloo Region.
Other social service providers may be considered, provided they meet the remaining eligibility requirements. These service providers would require a sponsoring organization with a registered charitable number that would receive and manage funds on behalf of the applicant.
Ineligible applicants include not-for-profit organizations without a sponsoring agency, schools and post-secondary institutions, for-profit businesses, hospitals, and religious organizations engaged in proselytizing activities.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your organization’s eligibility for this fund.